Spring has finally arrived! The cold weekends spent at home are over, we are ready to embrace the new season! To celebrate the end of winter, we decided to have a picnic at Sigurtà Garden Park, located in Verona’s region. It is a beautiful park with 600,000 square metres of gardens, whose main attraction is the fascinating flowering of the Tulips, the most important in southern Europe. Inside the property, there are also other varieties of flowers and plants, the roses’ avenue, a maze, the Romeo and Juliet horizontal sun dial, the water gardens and some historical buildings.
Spring is really the ideal season to visit this lovely park: the days get longer, the temperatures are milder, the meadows become vivid again and the flowers explode with colours. At the entrance of the park, we bought our tickets and we decided to rent a golf car (it’s not laziness, but the park is really huge!). After exploring the area, among tree-lined paths and scented flowerbeds, we found a nice spot, next to the tulips, to have our picnic. We filled up a basket with bread, cheese, fruit and sweets that we prepared carefully before relaxing and having lunch! Many people, seeing our inviting banquet, praised us and said that they would have loved to sit down and eat with us! The Sigurtà Garden Park is truly the perfect place to get away from the chaos of the city and spend some time in nature.
- Where is it: at Valeggio sul Mincio (Vr). Driving along the A4 Milan-Venice motorway, take the “Peschiera del Garda” exit; the park is about 8 km away.
- Openings: from March to November, every day from 9:00 to 19:00 except for the months of March, October and November, during which the park closes an hour earlier.
- Entrance ticket: € 14 for adults, while the fare is discounted for children, the old people, the disabled and groups of people.
- Eating: If you don’t plan to have a picnic, you can find two dining options within the park.
- Getting around: You can visit the Sigurtà Park on foot, by train, by renting a bike or a golf car.
- For any other information, visit the official website.
Did you already know this park? have you ever been there?
We leave you our shots, bye! ♥